Friday is Valentine’s day, some of you love it, some of you hate it, I am somewhere in between; I don’t think too much about it and yet it’s always nice to get a steak dinner.
Anyway, if you have a hot date or are stuck for ideas, here are my last minute picks for Valentine’s goodies! All of these things can be picked up in shops (if you are near some department stores, some are supermarket ready) so no excuses!
1. Ladies – defuzz if you have a date. Legs, armpits and…er…other areas if you so wish. Wilkinson Sword Xtreme 3 Razors (£4.59 – 4 pack) are great value and give good results. Great if you are going away too – these are disposable and hygienic.
2. Men – you also need to defuzz. Stubble may look good but they’re hard to kiss and there’s nothing worse then getting red patches on your face because of a hairy man. Mr C has told me Gillette Razors are the best for men (and please could I stop using his on my armpits). is particularly swish (prices from £10.55).
3. If you are feeling generous, scent is perfect for gifting on Valentine’s Day – it contains the scent of 7 of the more exquisite roses from around the world. They will also be partnering with Wild At Heat to create bespoke floral boxes at Harrods (£120).
4. If Jo is a bit dear, more affordable but still gorgeous is my current obsession; Diptyque Eau Rose. It comes in this pretty roll on which is nice if you want to give something smaller but still lovely –
5. Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips is a cheap and cheerful rosy tint lip balm in a pot – handy sized and
6. For smaller budgets Gift Set contains Shower Creme, Hand & Body Lotion, Bath Salts and a scrub too – strawberries and cream – yummy! (£18).
7. Finally – let’s talk make up. I just adore – it offers pigment, moisture, durability in a beautiful gold case. This is a nice present too, if you know what shade your lady likes! My top picks are L29 Rouge Rubis, a true red or if you are planning on sharing some kisses, L15 Rose Baby Doll, a pretty pearly pink nude which isn’t too imposing. (£33 each – ).
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? We will be doing some bits and bobs in the day, then going for a steak lunch with baby H.
Let me know if you are doing anything fun!