Because my eyes are so often tired and sore I treat them to new eye drops every now and then.
My most recent purchase is this Rohto Japan eye drop which is supposed to be moisturising, cleansing, relieving etc. A bit of everything really!
The thing about Japanese eye drops, you must know, is that they tend to contain some kind of menthol which means it makes your eyes go ZING! By ZING I mean burn…I mean burn as in salt in wound type of burn.
Mind you not everyone is like that. Maybe my peepers are just delicate. The first time I tried one of these eye drops I writhed around on the floor like a baby, wondering who was cruel enough to swap my eye drops for acid.
But you get used to it.
Looks like Chinese menthol oil – it’s a oil you can use on bites and stings or if you have a headache! Do not get those two mixed up!
These eye drops are pretty good – you get the sting, but it’s not as bad as some others I have tried and it does a good job of making my eyes feel cleansed and rested. It made my eyes look a tiny bit whiter but not loads.
1. Potassium L-Aspartate
– promotes “breathing” of eye cells and helps relief from tiredness
2. d-alpha-tocopherol acetate
– nourishes eyes, promote blood circulation, and effectively relief from eye tiredness
3. Sodium Chondroitin Sulphate
– mildly nourishes cornea, and relier from discomfort caused by lens
4. Sodium Hyaluronate
– a common and effective moisturiser with high powder of moisture replenishment
Taurine! I give my cats taurine!
Nice eye drops for people who have dry and very tired eyes. Cost me about £7 from eBay.