I spend so much on bits of tat, that I decided I needed to make an investment for my mouth. Nope, not some gobstoppers – a new toothbrush!
Apparently Oral B Triumph 9900 is one that is recommended by dentists. Not the dentists I know because they are largely illiterate and enjoy putting the fear of God into you.
You know the drilling smell? You know the burning smell? *chills*
Despite this I know I need some fillings. I am going to ignore that, and pretend I can brush them away.
The Oral B:
They say it:
# Improves gum health: Helps prevent and reverse gingivitis
# Provides ultimate plaque removal
# Delivers superior teeth whitening and polishing action in 21 days*
# Penetrates between teeth to sweep away plaque for a floss-like clean**
# Helps reduce excessive brushing force, which can lead to gum recession, by up to 88% in only 30 days†
# Guaranteed better checkups, or your money back
# Helps you brush for two minutes
I already have an electric toothbrush but its a cheapy £20 one which is ok, not brilliant.
# 1 x Triumph rechargeable toothbrush
# 1 x SmartGuide brushing aid
# 1 x Charging stand
# 1 x FlossAction brushhead
# 1 x ProBright brushhead
# 1 x Travel Case
The big feature of this is that it comes with a separate unit called the smart guide. Here, there’s a timer, a ‘quadrant’ which shows you where to move on to (imagine the mouth split into four parts, top and bottom teeth, 30 seconds each area). It is also a clock and tells you if you are pressing too hard. Yes…it is THAT clever.
So this took ages to charge up fully – about 12 hours. When it was – wow – watch it go! The brush is new so it is a little hard on my sensitive gums but I just pressed lightly (if you press too hard then a red cross will appear on the smart guide).
You seriously need to but this in your mouth before you turn it on because its super charged with power and goes crazy = toothpaste everywhere. I am still getting used to the full force of it.
1. How CLEAN it gets your teeth. It really does feel amazingly clean and fresh, removes even stubborn plaque. Its better than a normal toothbrush and its better than my cheaper Oral B toothbrush. My teeth look whiter too and the polisher (which you shouldn’t use too often) really makes the gleam.
2. The smartguide is useful – if you have the timer on your toothbrush you can’t look at it whilst you are brushing so having a separate timer is great.
3. You can use a number of attachments on it, like a flosser and water pic. If you have sensitive teeth like me then that’s pretty useful.
4. It comes with a stand that has room to put your brush heads in. I always lose my
I don’t like:
1. Nothing, but if I was nitpicking, the price? But it’s on sale at Boots though so I bought it for – I’d spend that on a bit of make up so why not on my gnashers!
You can buy it and collect the boots points!
Dentist! Who needs an overpriced dentist! *ow ow ow*