are an Australian beauty brand – the top online beauty brand in the country in fact with a stable of cosmetic and skincare products. The brand looks chic, and from what I can see is quite innovative with it’s products.
I have two products here to review, their new Supreme Secret Weapon 24HR Mascara and someone I’ve been dying to try for a while, their Collagen Cushion Compact Liquid Powder Foundation.
I do like this packaging – the gold and black – makes everything look expensive.
I also really like the actual product packaging – the mascara looks like it has been covered in gold dust and the collagen compact has this pretty fishnet type design on the case. The foundation case is bulky, however, all of these kinds of cushion foundations are like this because the case has to accommodate the sponge-foundation part, a secure cover so it doesn’t dry out, room for the sponge, a mirror etc.
So the foundation. I have really wanted to try a cushion foundation for a while – there are plenty of these kinds of bases out in Korea, however I know very well that they will almost never accommodate my olive skin tone (Korean bases are so pale) so I didn’t waste my money.
Mirinesse comes in 4 shades, the ‘darkest’ being 25. Bronze, the one I have here, which looks quite dark in the pan, but is actually perfect for me NC35 skin – it blends in really well.
So what is this cushion compact anyway?
This foundation is a portable liquid cushion compact with a liquid to powder technology. It has a long lasting and has a buildable coverage. Other benefits:
2. Long Wearing -Humidity Resistant
3. Moisture Lock Effect– Hydrates Constantly
4. Liquid To Powder Finish – Acts To Control Oil
5. Natural Mineral SPF25+- Acts As A Shield
6. Wrinkle Care With Syn-Coll
7. Soothing Cooling Effect
8. Brightens Skin With Light Reflective Pigments For A Radiant Glow
9. 10 Second Application Fills In Micro-lines Effectively
Here is an idea of the colour, and also how the finish is – it does indeed dry to a ‘powder’ finish but it isn’t dry looking at all – it looks like you’ve applied a light layer of liquid foundation then dusted with some setting powder.
I am REALLY REALLY taken in by this foundation. I love compact cream foundations as it is (as I am always on the go, it’s just quicker than applying a liquid and it looks healthier than a mineral or powder based foundation) but this one from Mirenesse has replaced my NARS Radiant Compact Foundation as a favourite.
To use this foundation, you just use the sponge they provide (which is a good one as it doesn’t absorb too much product, minimising wastage), push it lightly into the cushion to pick up the liquid base, then pat it over the skin, wherever you need it.
Why is it good?
– Well…it is genuinely a liquid foundation in a compact form, which is quite hard to find. When you get the product on the sponge, it is quite clearly a fairly thin looking liquid, not a cream,
– It also does set into a natural but polished finish, which doesn’t need powdering (unless you like to anyway). On my dry skin, I don’t need to add powder).
– It’s highly pigmented – covered my marks and redness easily with one layer but didn’t feel heavy or require multiple layers.
– It’s easy to blend – once patted in, it’s pretty much blended. You don’t need to work it too much which is great – I hate compact foundation that sits on the skin and you have to swirl it around to get it to blend.
– It has a nice finish – not matte, not overly glowing, at least on my skin.
– It’s long lasting – I only needed to top up because I have a cold and obviously was rubbing my make up off with a tissue, otherwise, after a 15 hour day, there was still foundation there after the initial application.
– It’s quick – make up is applied in seconds, I can do it when I’m rushing out the door, in the car, if H is pulling at my leg…it takes a minute or two at the most.
The base on me:
Now on to the mascara. Mirinesse are known for their long lasting mascaras.
This Supreme Mascara is their newest release, and contains organic waxes and panthenol. It has a ‘bewitching brush’ (it’s the shape of a witches hat!) and is supposed to give both volume and length.
I quite like the formula of this mascara; it is smooth and rich textured, if that makes sense, and did a decent job of not making my lashes flop too much, however, a quick crimp after application helped boost the curl. The best thing about this mascara is how unclumpy it is and also it didn’t irritate my eyes.
As I have sensitive eyes that water a lot, and this isn’t waterproof, I would save this for occasions where I know my eyes will be ok, not when I know my eyes may water in case of smudging (ie. my eyes water more on sunny days).On the side, this mascara comes off in ‘tubes’ so it’s easy to remove with warm water, which gives my lashes a break from the ridiculously waterproof mascara I use day to day.
Mirinesse is a pretty cool brand to investigate and the foundation is really excellent.