I write the review tentatively because I don’t like recommending things built around pseudo science but still…here goes.
My friend who is a recruitment consultant has a lot of migraines (that figures) had tried out some detox foot pads to see if they would help her sleep better and get rid of head pain.
She felt that they did so like the cheapskate that I am, I found a knock off version on eBay:
Detox Foot Pads are stuck to the soles of your feet overnight. They are supposed to draw out impurities, removing the body of heavy metals and toxins. I will tell you now that I do not believe this.
Anyway, they say the benefits are:
1. To promote sleep, relieve fatigue, improve constipation, bad breath, and abdominal distention phenomenon, body sculpting Body.
2. Gets rid of impurities, body and foot odor.
3. Dispel the body moisture, foot.
4. Activated cells to reproduce the skin healthy, glossy state, anti-aging.
5. Balance the body organ function, blood fat, lowering blood pressure, reduce blood sugar.
Bamboo Vinegar?Wood Vinegar?Tourmaline?Agaricus Mushroom?Chitosan?Cornstarch
So they look like teabags….oh my god, I’ve just thought of my next practical joke.
Anyway, you get 10 of these in a pack, with large sticker things to get them to stay on your foot:
With the big sticker on top.
Ok my initial thoughts about the foot pads:
1. They really smell like BBQ sauce. You know the stuff you get in McDonalds in a pot that you use to dip Chicken Nuggets into? Exactly like that. 100%
2. The start to come off after a while. Stick it down as well as you can.
So off I went to bed with my feet like this, sexy beast I am:
Next morning, most of the pad had slipped off – my feet felt very warm (they warm up as they start working) and smelt like BBQ sauce. Otherwise nothing too disturbing left on my feet.
According to my friend, you use this 5 days in a row and the pads gradually become less and less black.
Now – I can’t say I believe that a BBQ smelling teabag stuck to the bottom of my feet can actually truly draw out any toxins from my body. If it did, it would be a slight trace. Plus, the teabag is already filled with some kind of dark substance that must be activated by heat and therefore come to the surface overnight.
I can vouch that for the first time in a long, long time I woke up headache free, with a clear refreshed head. I sleep about 4-5 hours a night and wake up highly tired with a sore head most days, even when I do get the chance to have a lie in.
Hey, I’m not guaranteeing they will do squat for you, but with this detox pad (which I was willing not to work), I DID feel clear headed, as did Mr Candy who joined me in this experiment.
Maybe it did to something to me – whatever it was, I felt much better than normal and I even dreamt of Chicken Nuggets.
Would I use this again? Oh yes.
Would I repurchase? I already have.
These foot pads are on sale online and also from (Crystal Spring, 14 pads for £24.99) but don’t bother with that – I got .