I’ve decided to move the blog sale pages to Blogspot! Good old blogspot!
The reasons are:
1. As some of you will know every time I did a blog sale, the site would crash! This meant I had to spent the evening on the phone with the hosts, I would then have to fork out to upgrade the server and the site was down for ages, and it cost a fortune.
So I am guessing the blogger can handle all those visitors at once, better than my site can.
2. Doing a big blog sale is extremely stressful, because there’s so much to organise and it ended up (last time) taking nights and nights of sorting out and even then I got all befuddled! With a blog dedicated to sales, I can just upload things when I’m ready in small batches as I go along.
3. It’ll be easier for people to browse what is left over from previous sales and I don’t always catch comments, so if people just email me if they are interested in something I can deal with it quicker.
4. The blog sale posts are so long and picture heavy, they slow down the site when a lot of people are looking at them…
This idea was also inspired by Kathi’s !
The blog sale blog is , although the link at the top will also take you there. I will of course alert you if I add anything 😀
Also, there’s also been lots of hoo-ha about bloggers selling free stuff they get from PR on their blog sales, so I’ve copied the “ section from the sale blog here for all to read:
As a beauty blogger and general beauty junkie, I buy make up almost on a daily basis. Because I buy things for review purposes I tend to buy lots of shades and textures just to try out.
I also buy a lot of make up online and from Asia, so without being able to test something first I end up with a lot of unused make up.
Hence blog sales! It’s a good way for me to get rid of barely used make up that don’t quite work for me.
I sell the make up at a good price because I know that other people want to try out new things at a discount, and because I have so much I like to get rid of it.
I do not sell:
– Items in bad condition
– Items that were sent to me by PR*
I do include a photo and description of the item – if in doubt please do ask me. I will describe an items condition as well as I can – items are sold as seen.
* There has been a lot of hoo-ha about this sort of thing so I have to clarify – I sell items that I have personally purchased.
I understand that sometimes it may seem confusing – (ie. if X brand has sent you a press sample before, how come you are selling something by the same brand?)
The fact is I buy 80% of the products I review on my blog (since Asian brands interest me the most anyway), and if I want something I go and buy it – I don’t wait for PR to send it to me for free. I know what I have paid for and what I have been sent for review. I have receipts for my purchases, either paper or online invoice.
Just so you know. If you ever have a question you want clarified, however strange you think it is, feel free to ask me, you can also email me using the form – I promise I won’t bite!
P.S. There won’t be a new blog sale for a while because I am so, so snowed under with work at the moment. But at least the new blog is there, ready!